Ever have those days when you want to kick something? Arg.
The layer flock (2 large hens) are eating their own eggs. I hate this. HATE THIS. It makes me so mad. I swear, every large fowl hen in the last few years ends up eating her own eggs. And I don't know where they get the idea, one batch never meets the next, so it's not like they're learning it from each other. They just happen to start doing it, and I don't know why. I also can't break them of it. Hot sauce doesn't work, and I even tried the kind that comes with a warning label. Unpleasant tastes don't deter them. Fake eggs don't fool them. Letting them free-range doesn't work. Moving them around only stops the problem temporarily. These girls are just six months old, and already useless. @#$%!
I thought there was (another) rat(s) under the old chicken coop. Turns out it's a squirrel. What the heck? I've never seen a squirrel on the property and now there's one in the chicken coop? Sigh. On the upside, that's better than rats. I'm tempted to leave it, but it's turning the ground into swiss cheese. I put a live trap out today.
The @#$%ing blog still isn't working for almost everyone who is trying to read it. Geez I am just sick to death of this stupid problem. The options are as follows:
1) Wait it out. I talked to tech support again. "We're working on it." Really? Are they, really? Pros: no change of address (email or URL) to contend with. Can probably get my account credited for the downtime. Cons: I'm seriously losing traffic, and patience.
2) Get new web host. Pros: Restore blog immediately. Better service? But I've been REALLY happy with mine up until this last week or so, I must say. Cons: pain in the butt. I'd lose the email addresses I've been using (for business and otherwise) for over 10 years, that's a major headache so I see this as a last resort. I need to be contact-able. Besides, I just got new business cards printed.
3) Buy new domain, and put the blog on its own domain. Pros: immediately restores blog, gives it a dedicated address. Cons: another expense, involves moving blog address which means I'm going to lose a LOT of traffic anyway. Not sure how or if I can redirect from the current URL. Certainly not when the host isn't working right anyway.
4) Switch to blogspot address. Meh, no thanks. I'd rather buy another domain.
This is one of the rare times I can actually see the blog. Had a few minutes early yesterday morning, then it was gone for the rest of the day.
On your options... How is buying another domain going to help? It will still need CNAME redirection and that's the broken service. You don't need another domain. All you need is a service provider that knows what they are doing. CNAME redirection is pretty simple stuff and any provider worth their salt should know how to do it right and fix it when it fails.
If you decide to move, I can help pack boxes and move them to the new host. You know where to find me.
Well, another domain takes CNAME out of the equation entirely, because the blog address would move to it's own domain.
5. Get an Etch-a-Sketch. ;-)
Post a Comment