Okay, I get it. Most people aren't buying paintings these days. How bout if I just give you one?
Here's your chance to get some chicken art at absolutely no cost!
See, there was one framed piece from the gallery show. They framed it. The rest are all on Etsy now but it's sort of a "one of these things is not like the other" situation. I wanted ALL of them to be the same price, and this one would be more (because I paid to have it framed, sigh). So what the heck, I'm just going to give it to someone.
Could be you.
I will not ship it outside the US, my generosity does have a budget, and foreign shipping exceeds the budget. My apologies to my non-US readers (all two of you?)
How to enter:
You have to leave me a comment, on this post on this blog. You have to identify who you are (initials are fine). You have to be willing to provide your address if you win. I want a good comment, actually say something! Such as:
- How we met.
- If we don't know each other, then how you found my blog.
- Tell me a "chicken story" (everyone has one, "my grandma used to have this rooster when I was a kid...")
- Just introduce yourself, if you haven't already, you bunch of lurkers, I know you're out there. Some bloggers get all the hype, I just ramble off into cyberspace, sigh.
- Give me a recipe. Nothing with sauerkraut, marzipan, mushrooms, or olives.
- Tell everyone why you want to win (but remember it's all random!)
Yeah, there you go, it's that simple. I will use random.org (thank you Heather P for the idea!) to pick a winner some time after 10pm on Monday August 24th. Even if you comment more than once, you only get one "entry."
Oh hey, you want to know what you're trying to win don't you?! It's #49 from the 50-50 Show, it's a Blue Andalusian rooster. Acrylic paint on masonite, framed. The painting is 6x6 inches, the whole frame is 12x12, and framed with glass (I think it's glass rather than plexi).
ps- you don't have to cover ALL those subjects in your comment (unless you really want to). :-)
[EDIT] Okay, new rule, whoever wins needs to contact me within ten days of winning. Winners will only be notified by me posting it here, so if you don't check back, well, you forfeit!