Wednesday, November 08, 2006

busy last few days

The chicken show in San Francisco was on Monday. JJ and I left here a little before noon, and I think it only took about 2 hours to get there. Not a bad drive, though I must say I was grateful not to have to be the one driving! :-) Unfortunately when I printed out a google map I'd put in the wrong address...oops! But we found it. It was in a gallery at the California College of the Arts. It was a nice location other than being really hot. It was a warm day there, I can't imagine what that would be like in the summer with no air conditioning in there! There were I think 10 chicken people there, 20something birds, and art. And it got so crowded!!! The birds were photographed by so many people. It was really a lot of fun. I took my rooster out for a while and people really enjoyed petting him or getting to hold him, and I heard a lot of people exclaiming they had no idea chickens could be so pretty. So that was pretty cool. As far as art sales go..not so hot. I'd somehow managed to overlook the fact that most people who attended the show were probably students, so not exactly rolling in dough. But at least I can say I've had an art show in SF! It was a quirky little show but a lot of fun.

I took a few pics during setup but didn't manage to get any of how crowded it was.

My bird getting photographed.

My bird! Thanks AR for the photo. :-)

We got back here shortly before 11:30pm that night. It was just a one-evening show.

The next morning it took all my willpower to get out of bed at 6:45am. I left around 8:15 and headed off to Napa for a day of chickening at REJ's. I got there in about two hours. AR was there too, so we got the grand tour of the birds and took zillions of photographs. It was really neat, I had a good time there. Thanks REJ. :-) I will give you a CD with all the pics, maybe bring them to Indy and you can see them there and let me know which ones you want printed. Gotta warn you they didn't all turn out great..

The drive home was exhausting.

Speaking of which, I have to be up early tomorrow too for a farrier appointment at 8am (time to meet the new guy...), I'd best hit the hay.

No comments: