Wasn't that clever? Ha ha.
Alora (and her mini sidekick), Cherie, and I went to the ginormous (45 acre) corn maze out in Dixon at Cool Patch Pumpkins today. I'd been wanting to go for years, and even had it sorta planned out last year when a big wind storm flattened the whole thing. Well, it was a bright sunny day today and the three (and a half) of us were able to spare a little time, so we went! Yay!
That thing is immense! It was a lot of fun, I'm glad we went. I made the following observations today:
1) I don't know how anyone would go in there and just "wing it" and get through. We followed the map, made a few wrong turns, but got through in very good time.
2) If I took my finger off the exact location on the map, I was utterly lost. I have zero sense of north-south orientation.
3) It must be easier when it first opens and when people haven't trampled "shortcuts" that look like paths.
4) It's not fun being behind big groups of people. Glad we went on a fairly uncrowded day.
5) Being out there at night would probably scare the bejeebers out of me.
Planning our attack:
A fork in the road, which looks like all the other forks in the road:
Atop one of the "bridges" that are the landmarks in the maze:
"Wait, should we have turned back there?"
"I have no idea where we are! Someone else take over!"
"Hmmm, I think it's that way."